Amazing health benefits of doing foot acupressure
People do many things in their quest to stay healthy and feeling great.
One such treatment is called acupressure and if you’ve ever held your forehead or massaged your temples to help relieve a headache, then you’ve already engaged in the practice. Thousands of years ago the ancient Chinese developed the technique and it remains a popular alternative treatment to this day. Acupressure is simple, all that it involves is applying pressure to various points on our bodies to stimulate blood flow to the thousands of nerves located mainly in our hands and feet. The human foot alone has well over fifteen thousand nerves that are all inter-connected and form a network which reaches different areas, like organs and glands, in our bodies. Different pressure points correspond with certain body parts and so they can each be targeted for desired results.
People the world over have found that acupressure works wonders when it comes to alleviating aches, pains, built up stress, and tension. By using simple acupressure techniques at home they have dramatically relieved pain and discomfort caused by common ailments and you can too. All that you need to do is locate the points on the feet that are associated with the area which your issue likely stems from, and massage it!
The LV 3 point, which is also called the Tai Chong, is regarded as being one of the most powerful points. That’s because it’s connected not only to the liver, which helps clean and detoxify our systems, but many other body parts as well. The LV 3 point is located on top of the foot, near the metatarsal bones, and here is exactly how to find it. Starting at the gap between your big and second toe, move about two finger widths back towards your ankle from there. You should notice and feel a slight depression, which is where the point is located, and if you’re touching a hard bone keep looking because it’s in a soft area. By pressing down gently and applying firm pressure to the LV 3 point on and off for 4-5 seconds at a time, for at least 2 minutes several times a day, it can help to relieve and affect the following:
1. Pain: The point is commonly used to alleviate many types of pain including, but not limited to, menstrual cramps, abdominal and back pain, headaches, stomach pain, and more. It’s believed that because the point is connected to the liver meridian and lower back, it’s very effective at relieving many additional sources of bodily pain, and so if you ever feel achy or are hurting, give yourself a foot massage on the LV 3 point for relief!
2. Depression: Many cases of depression are caused in part by our bodies and minds being overloaded with too much stress and not enough sleep. According to WebMD studies have been done which suggest that by activating the LV 3 point it helps to lessen the negative impacts of depression and anxiety. It’s believed that the point worked for the subjects who were examined by effectively lowering both their overall stress levels and instances of insomnia. This finding alone makes it worthwhile to do and try out at the very least.
3. Stress: It’s common knowledge that a good massage can work wonders at clearing our minds, thoughts, and heads (for most people!). Activating the LV 3 point naturally increases concentration and focus, leading to less stress and better decision making. Furthermore, as mentioned above studies have shown that the point decreases depression, insomnia, and anxiety, and that in turn reduces stress levels.
4. Digestion: A range of digestive issues can targeted by way of the LV 3 point. Upset Stomach, nausea, vomiting, hangovers, and indigestion can be either eliminated or improved so the next time you happen to overindulge and drink too much, try it out!
5. Parkinson’s Disease: A report released by the Northwest Parkinson’s Foundation stated that “Acupuncture point LV3 has been historically used to treat tremors such as those associated with Parkinson’s disease.” While that dealt with acupuncture at the point, as opposed to acupressure, it nonetheless shows how the spot has been used for thousands of years to target and treat symptoms, including those associated with Parkinson’s Disease. It’s one more way to help improve people’s overall health and even today it could greatly impact modern diseases.
6. Sleep Disorders and Insomnia: Massaging the LV 3 point has been shown to reduce stress and anxiety and it can also help to relax your body and calm your mind. People have used it to fall asleep faster and to reduce instances of waking up during the night. If you wish to achieve better quality sleep by way of the LV 3 point it’s important that you do the massage right before you go to bed at night.
This alternative treatment is incredibly simple, convenient, and easy to do on your own. It costs nothing, has no negative side effects, and will leave you feeling relaxed and at ease. It may sound too good to be true but it might be exactly what your body needs. You have nothing to lose if you give it a try and please pass this information on to others.
Learn More: Watch the video below for additional information: